About the Role
What you’ll do
• Lead the Customs Team, taking full responsibility for all processes and systems
• Lead the project management of our Brexit strategy, training and advising relevant business areas
• Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Undertake continuous analysis of the regulatory environment, in particular, trade tariffs/duties and trade restrictions/requirements and ensure accurate communication to the wider business
• Manage the relationship between regulatory bodies, trade partners and internal departments
• Identify risks and opportunities in complex supply chain
• Support relevant stakeholders in scenario planning and modelling post-Brexit scenarios and requirements whilst assessing their impact on all business areas
• Build and maintain relationships with customs brokers
• Plan and manage multiple complex projects in a deadline-driven environment
• Understand the objectives and the impact of projects on the business and drive solutions to business-critical issues
• Develop, implement, and optimise processes, systems, policies and standards
• Support the Director in all customs-related matters and provide regular status reports up to Board level.
What you’ll need
• Extensive knowledge of import from non-EU countries, particularly the documentation and certificates needed for goods to enter the UK in a rapidly evolving compliance landscape
• Expert knowledge of Customs and Excise regulations
• Experience with customs authorisations (AEO, CFSP, bonded warehousing etc.)
• Experience managing Customs Compliance, identifying and correcting potential violations and providing management with summary reports
• Comfortable working with a complex system landscape, including SAP, GTS and customs broker systems
• Able to utilise existing networks and connections to build strong relationships with industry bodies
• Confident in establishing a strong customs network
• Team management experience
• Powerful influencing and communication skills and the ability to liaise with employees across all levels
• Strong project management skills to be able to work collaboratively with a range of business departments to complete a project successfully
• Ability to understand and present complex issues clearly and concisely
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Process focused with attention to detail and experience in setting up and managing processes and procedures
• Solid presentation skills, comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
• Previous experience building processes, structures and frameworks is highly desirable.
About the Company
This global internal retailer is looking for an exceptional and experienced Head of Customs to shape and lead the Customs Team. You’ll have full responsibility for developing our customs frameworks, and you’ll apply your professional approach as you build future-proof processes for our business, whilst managing a team of highly-skilled customs compliance specialists.
The company is looking for a natural leader with experience in regulatory compliance in business activities from non-EU countries. Your role will be wide-ranging and constantly evolving as you proactively work to mitigate import (and potential export) compliance risks, ensuring all their non-UK entities follow international and national regulations for the movement of goods.
You’ll be working at the heart of a thriving UK supermarket and play a major role in defining our growth going forwards. This role will suit someone who relishes the freedom and challenge of taking on responsibility and making the role your own as you shape our trading strategy across our wider business network and prepare us for whatever challenges may lie ahead.
Working at this company is rewarding, in every sense, because they give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career. They are proud to offer a competitive salary with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance.
+ pension scheme
+ in-store discount
plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
If you have questions about this role, or you like to assess your suitability for this job, please drop a message into the chat. You can also ask us, customs and global trade professionals to review your CV with you prior to you submitting the application to make sure it is the best it can be, enhancing the chances of success. Or if you are happy to apply, simply click on: