Unpacking CBAM is a comprehensive webinar that will provide you with a detailed analysis and contextualisation of the EU's Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism. This mechanism aims to reduce carbon emissions by importing goods that are produced using environmentally sustainable methods. In this webinar, you will learn about the implementation of CBAM, its impact on international trade, and how businesses can prepare for it. Our expert panelists will unpack the complexities of CBAM and provide you with valuable insights to navigate this new landscape. Don't miss out on this opportunity to stay ahead of the curve.
This one hour webinar, recorded on 27 October 2023 gives you insights - delivered by Customs experts Enrika Naujoke and Arne Mieken.
“Unpacking” and “contextualizing” – that was what I needed. Just reading the legislation doesn’t get you anywhere. You need to know what to focus on, how to backtrack, and how to understand. – This was said by one of the participants after our latest training on CBAM.
Listen to Arne Mielken as he introduces CBAM - the Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism. On 27.10.2023, we, in cooperation with Customs Clear, where we discussed:
- The role of the person responsible for CBAM in the importing company;
- Setting up communication with suppliers;
- The ways to get answers to your legislation-related questions.
- Arne Mielken is a leading global trade professional in the UK and the EU and Managing Director of Customs Manager Ltd. He is an accredited customs & export control practitioner and certified classification specialist. Arne is on a mission to empower businesses and people with import and export responsibilities with advice, consulting, training, and trade intelligence to grow their businesses by trading across the border effectively, efficiently, and, of course, compliantly. He holds a BA (Hons) in International Business and Modern Languages and an Executive MBA. He holds a Diploma in World Customs Compliance and Procedures. He is a member of the EU’s Trade Contact Group (TCG) of DG TAXUD and a member of the HMRC-sponsored Joint Customs Consultative Committee (JCCC). He often speaks at public events and writes on customs and global trade topics. He speaks German, English, French and Spanish.
- Enrika Naujoke is CEO of CustomsClear, the European customs and trade compliance knowledge platform. She is the editor of the Customs Compliance & Risk Management Journal for Practitioners in Europe. Enrika has many years of experience in the customs field in customs brokerage, manufacturing, and logistics companies. She is also the director of the Lithuanian Customs Practitioners Association.
"Unpacking CBAM" - The EU's Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism!
- 1x updated Briefing on CBAM
- CBAM Implementing Regulations
- Summary of CBAM
- The Main CBAM regulation
- Slides on CBAM presented at the Trade Contact Group