This training provides an essential overview of import processes and procedures and legal framework. It is an introductory course which provides the fundamental principals of successful importing. By the end of the training, customs manager and global trade professionals new to their role will understand what importing and global trade is and how it fits into a standard international trade transaction, what the essential legal provisions are (regardless of where you are in the world) and the practical steps you can take to start importing successfully. Includes a case study, explanation of the training plan for learning success and test questions to prepare for the quiz.
- What is an import? What is global trade and why is it different from domestic trade?
- Where does importing sit in any cross border trade transaction?
- What are the steps to take for successful importing?
- Best practice processes and procedures for successful importing
- Dealing with partners and stakeholders
- Legal provisions regarding importing
- Customs elements relevant to importing
- Case Study
- Common questions
- The training plan explained
- Test questions to prepare for the Quiz